10 avenue Edouard Belin BP 54032 - 31055 Toulouse cedex 4
Tél. +33 5 61 33 90 90 Fax. +33 5 61 33 91 88
email : ahlem.mifdaoui isae.fr
Ahlem Mifdaoui received the M.S. degree in computer science and air traffic management engineering in 2004 from the Ecole Nationale de l’Aviation civile (ENAC) in Toulouse, and the Ph.D. in computer and telecommunications engineering from the Institut National Polytechnique of Toulouse (INPT) in 2007.
Since 2008, she is an associate professor of computer engineering at Institut Superieur de l’Aeronautique et de l’Espace (ISAE) in Toulouse, France. Her main research interests are in the fields of real-time networks and embedded systems especially targeted to avionics and automotive applications.
Ahlem Mifdaoui is involved in design, optimization, performance evaluation and tools for real-time and embedded networks
Design and optimization of embedded networks
With the increasing complexity of embedded networks, making the right design decisions to guarantee the system’s requirements becomes a difficult task for designer. Hence, one of the major challenges in the design process is to define and optimize the system’s resources till the first steps of the development cycle, in order to provide the deterministic guarantees required by critical applications with hard certification requirements, e.g. civil and military avionics, automotive and satellites.
Performance evaluation of real-time networks Validating the functional and timing behavior of real-time networks and especially rare events that represent the worst case functioning of the system, through analytical approaches based on Network Calculus and Scheduling Theory.
Tools and framework for embedded Networks
- WoPANets tool embodies an analytical approach based on the Network Calculus formalism to perform a system level worst-case performance evaluation and includes optimization analysis to find the optimal design solution that guarantees the system’s requirements. This tool would enhance the design process time and costs. (more information in this link)
- PRISE (Plateforme de Recherche sur l’Ingénierie des Systèmes Embarqués) : a framework to integrate the different models, techniques and tools to design and validate Embedded Systems (more information in this link)
Research Projects List here
- Publications list here
- January 2013, ONERA : invited talk about WoPANets Tool Tool
- April 2012, Porto : invited talk about « Avionics embedded networks : challenges and solutions » during a meeting about « Serv-CPS » project (Time Ethernet Communication Architecture for Cyber-Physical Systems)
- February 2012, Berlin : invited Talk at First Interdisciplinary Workshop on Algorithmic Challenges in Real-Time Systems about « System level worst-case performance evaluation of embedded Networks »
- October 2008, Stuttgart : invited Keynote about « Master/Slave Switched Ethernet for military applications »
- Mars 2007, Paris : invited talk during Rescom days about « Full Duplex Switched Ethernet for Military avionics applications »
- Hamdi AYED : Phd Student working on « Optimization and performance analysis of multi-cluster embedded networks » within OMCEN project (2011-2014)
- Dinh khanh DANG : Phd student working on « System-level performance evaluation of new generation embedded systems »with an application on "wireless communications for critical avionics systems" within APENISS project (2011-2014)
- Miloud RACHED : Post-doc working on « Design and Performance evaluation of an alternative communication network for train based on Ethernet » within SYMADE project (2010-2012)
- Leo Martel : Engineer working on the implementation of the WoPANets Tool project
- Rachid Djorane : Master Student working on « PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF AVIONICS SENSORS NETWORKS » within SYMADE project (2012-2013)
- Alkhasawneh Abdallah : Master Student working on « AFDX backup Network » within ADCN+ project (2008-2009)
- Benjamin Lencou : Master student working on « GUI for WoPANets Tool » (2011)
- Amady Diouf Faye : Master student working on « Optimization analysis within WoPANets Tool Tool » (2011)
- Performance Evaluation of Embedded Networks : for 3A ISAE, 3A Enseeiht, Master MES ISAE and Master AESS ISAE students
- Real Time Scheduling for Embedded Systems : for 3A ISAE students
- Avionics and Data Buses : for Master AESS ISAE students
- Advanced Network Architectures : for 3A ISAE, students
- Performance Evaluation Techniques : for 3A ISAE, students
- Queuing Theory : for 2A ENAC students