I was born in France in 1981, and I received the Engineering degree and the Ph.D. degree in electronics from the Institut National des Sciences Appliquées (INSA), Rennes, France, in 2004 and 2007, respectively.
In 2008, I joined the Department of Electronics, Optronics and Signal (DEOS) of the ISAE (Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace), Toulouse, France, as an Assistant Professor.
My teaching activities at ISAE-SUPAERO are :
- Contributor to Experimental practice and methods (1st year) :
- Project of 20 hours on microstrip antennas for wireless systems mixing antenna theory, numerical modeling, and measurements.
- Co-responsible and contributor to the sciences core curriculum course Introduction to wireless communication systems (2nd year) :
- Introduction to radiofrequency and microwave electronics with a review of transmission lines, RF/microwave circuits and antennas, and the computation of a link budget.
- Contributor to the elective course Miniaturization of payloads for nanosatellites (2nd year) :
- Antenna for nanosatellites : main solutions and miniaturization techniques.
- Contributor to Innovation research project (2nd year) :
- Projects of 215 hours related to ongoing research topics (e.g., reconfigurable microwave circuits using microplasma discharges, plasma-based electrically small antennas, ...).
- Responsible and contributor to the expertise-focused course Adaptive antennas (3rd year) :
- Advanced microwave and antenna engineering : theory, numerical modeling, and measurements.
- Contributor to the expertise-focused course Space systems (3rd year) :
- Antennas for space communication systems.
Research activities :
My research activities lie in the fields of microwave / plasma interactions applied to the design of new microwave circuits and antennas such as :
- Printed microwave power limiter using the non-linear behavior of a lumped plasma discharge.
- Frequency tunable microwave resonators by controlling the dielectric constant of a 2D plasma discharge.
- Frequency tunable miniature antenna using the negative dielectric constant of a 3D plasma discharge.
Supervised students :
- Supervised Ph.D. students :
- Antoine Simon, "Integrated microplasma discharges for the reconfigurability of medium-power microwave transmitters", funded by the Université Fédérale Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées and the Région Occitanie, co-supervised by Thierry Callegari (LAPLACE), 2015-ongoing.
- Vincent Laquerbe, "Electrically small and tunable VHF antenna using a plasma discharge", funded by the DGA/MRIS and the ISAE, co-supervised by Olivier Pascal (LAPLACE), 2014-ongoing.
- Francisco Pizarro-Torres, "Potentialities of a non-thermal localized plasma discharge for reconfigurable and self-power-limiting microstrip antennas", funded by the Université Fédérale Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées and the Région Occitanie, co-supervised by Olivier Pascal (LAPLACE), 2010-2013.
- Supervised M.Sc. students :
- Khanh Chung Do, "Design of CRLH transmission lines for compact microwave phase-shifters", 2013.
- Francisco Pizarro-Torres, "Realization of a miniature filtering antenna for GNSS applications", 2010.
- Kevin Elis, "Numerical modeling of plasma-based space antennas using 2COMU GEMS software", co-supervised by Thierry Koleck (CNES) and Olivier Pascal (LAPLACE), 2009.
Industry and governmental agencies : CEA, CNES, DGA, ONERA, Thales Alenia Space.
Academic : IETR, LAPLACE.
You can find a list of my publications here.
No open positions.