Jérôme Hugues is associate professor at the Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Control of the Institute for Space and Aeronautics Engineering (ISAE) in Toulouse. He holds a PhD (2005) and engineering degree (2002) from Telecom ParisTech.
At ISAE, he is responsible of several real-time systems course. Starting in 2010, he is co-chair of the Embedded Systems Master (SM EMS) program at ENSEEIHT and ISAE.
His research interests are focused on software architecture to support the design of complex software-based real-time and embedded systems ; and programming languages and artifacts to support them. He is the involved in the development of free software :
- PolyORB, an adaptable, verifiable and schizophrenic (encompassing CORBA, DSA, SOAP and MOM personalities) platform for real time systems, written in Ada ;
- Ocarina toolchain, a compiler for the AADL language and associated model processor (code generation, gateway to model checkers, scheduling analysis tools, etc).
- TASTE project to transfer Ocarina technologies to the space domain, with the European Space Agency, Ellidiss Technologies and Semantix
He is also a member of the SAE AS-2C committee working on the definition of the AADL architecture description language to assist the designer in various stages of its design : formal verification, dimensioning down to code generation. He is the main author of two annexes document for AADLv2, and a reviewer of the AADLv2 core document, and associated annexes.
- Program Committe member for the 4th International Conference on Computer Science and Its Applications, to be held in Saida, Algeria, 4th-6th May 2013,
- Program Committee member for the Neptune conference, to be held in Paris, France, 22nd-23rd May 2013,
- Organization Committee member for the Ecole Temps Réel ,to be held in Toulouse, 26th-30th August 2013
- Organizer of the Rapid System Prototyping Symposium (RSP’13), to be held in Montreal as part of ESWeek’13
- Program Committee member for the 21st International Conference on Real Time Networks and Systems (RTNS 2013), to be held in Sophia Antipolis, France, 17th-18th Oct 2013.